Rustic is a practical style that uses natural materials functionally and also frugally. It is an affordable style that will add great character and warmth to your home. When I think about a rustic home, I think of warm wood tones and textural neutrals that instantly make we feel cozy and comfortable.
Today we’ve rounded up more than 20 DIYs for Your Rustic Home Decor. These creative projects include all the major staples of rustic country living decor, too – chalk paint, twigs and sticks, re-purposed wood and pallets, upcycled items, burlap and twine, old windows and doors and more. Many of these projects are so easy to do and you can complete them in less than a day.
1. DIY Photo Clipboards: Group your favorite photos together to create a fun gallery wall! This is a unique way to show off your favorite photos and create a budget-friendly home decor. Tutorial via Love Grows Wild.
2. DIY Twine Wrapped Cabinet Handles: Simply wrap the handles in twine. It gives your kitchen a great rustic look. Steps from I Love That Junk.
3. DIY Decorative Letters With Twigs: Super quick and easy project that can make for yourself! Looks great on your fall mantel! The happy housie will show you how to make.
4. “Be Grateful” Pallet Word Art Sign: Love every about this pallet sign: the way the sign is built and stained, and the words, “Be Grateful.” This can be a great Thanksgiving decor. Click here for the tutorial.
5. Rope Wrapped Lamp: A super simple way to add rustic warm to your home. Simple tutorial shows you how to ge this rustic decor from Amy All Ender.
6. DIY Industrial Edison Style Chandelier: This awesome chandelier is made from a recycled coffee table or cabinet door. It add a rustic warm to your home. Get the printable materials list and step-by-step to go along with the video tutorial from Lia Griffith.
7. Old Step Ladder Side Table: Turn an old step ladder into this chic and useful end table for any room with a bit of woodworking.
Step-by-step tutorial via Funky Junk Interiors.
8. Rustic Photo Frames: Turn old wooden photo frames into this beautiful rustic décor with just a bit of work. These are easy to do and look so beautiful in any room. Photo from Pinterest.
9. DIY Rustic Rolling Crate: This rolling crate is perfect for your mudroom or front porch. Get the DIY tutorial via Liz Marie Blog.
10. Wooden Mail Sorter: Get organized and add a little rustic décor to your walls by building a wooden mail sorter. All you need are just a few pieces of wood and some small coat hooks. See the steps from Fox Hollow Cottage.
11. Rustic DIY Mason Jar Wall Lanterns: DIY instructions from A Southern Fairy Tale.
12. Easy DIY Floating Shelves: Create these easy DIY floating shelves for baskets, towels and other bathroom accessories. Tutorial via shanty-2-chic.
13. DIY Farmhouse Coffee Table: Learn how to build this rustic wood farmhouse coffee table at Love Grows Wild.
14. DIY Family Photo Display: A couple of old windows, wooden letters, and family photos are all you need to make this amazing and beautiful home decor item. Check out the step-by-step tutorial via Cottage Instincts.
15. DIY Twine Garden Lanterns: Twine is the perfect material to add the rustic warm and charm to your decor. This twine garden lantern is super easy and quick to make. Get started to make your own one with the tutorial from Splash of Something.
16. DIY Wooden Arrow Wall Art: The simple wooden wall art can also boost a room’s natural flow. See more DIY details via Little Brick House.
17. DIY Rustic Stick Basket: Never throw away the paint stir sticks next time! Check out this one, you will find you can use them to a beautiful and inexpensive basket as a decorative centerpiece or as stylish storage on a shelf. Learn the steps from Build Basic.
18. DIY Rustic Mirror: Create an oversized mirrors sitting on the floor to use as a full length mirror for your home.
19. DIY Rustic Wall Rack: This exposed magnetic knife rack is super useful for maximizing storage space and providing easy access to kitchen tools. Make one for your home with the instructions from Ehow.
20. DIY Rustic Succulent Pots: The perfect addition to any table inside or out! Get the DIY steps and instructions from Pink When.
21.DIY Stained Open Kitchen Shelving : Build a stained, open kitchen wall shelving in the kitchen and add storage. See the full tutorials via 11 Magnolia Lane.
22. DIY Double Pantry Barn Door: Learn how to built this double pantry doors with reclaimed wood all for under $90 with the tutorial via Designing Vibes.
Coat and Jewelry Hangers: Add a wonderful wall decor accent in a rustic style to your home with this DIY coat and jewelry hanger! See the DIY instructions via visiblymoved.
Shelves and Racks: Re-purposing old pallets to make these shelves and racks! They give an instant rustic accent to your decor. Get the instructions via Shelves and Racks.
DIY Double X Console Table: Build an easy and sleek console table for your home. It will surely add a touch of rustic charm to your decor. Free DIY plans via remodelaholic.
Tree Trunk Side Table: Tree trunk furniture is a trendy rustic accent in many interior design styles. Get the tutorial via 17apart.
DIY Mason Jar Wall Decorations: Get creative decorating your walls. Fixing mason jars with a piece of fresh flower to the wall and add a nice rustic accent to your decor. See the details via thehambyhome.
Wood Planked Accent Wall: Making a planked accent wall and adds warm texture to home decor! Check out the tutorial via studiograyhouse.